Monday, December 28, 2009

Are expensive saloon shampoos really worth it?

I used to use them but it seemed like a waste of money. I've being using Aussie now for a year with no problems.Are expensive saloon shampoos really worth it?
yes yes yes yes yes! Before I got into the business I always used Garnier or V05. Once I started in the salon industry and got introduced to salon quality products I would never go back. Salon products are meant to infuse moisture and help style your hair based on your hair type. Grocery store products are just cheaply made. They include something called a Sulfate. Sulfates strip your hair of everything; build-up, moisture, natural scalp oils that acctually help your hair, and most of all color. If you think about it, if you get your hair done every 4-6 weeks and spend approx $60.00 dollars, your wasting half of that by buying grocery store products beacuse its just stripped the color out. Salon brand shampoos and conditioners, even if its not Color Safe, do not contain Sulfates so even if your not using a color protecting shampoo and conditioner its not stripping it out. They dont add moisture like salon products do. Last month I ran out of shampoo and conditioner(I used Redken) and had to use some of my parents Garnier for a few weeks til I remembered to buy more from my work and my hair was a mess for the entire time I used it. I would never not use salon products, and if you buy then from a salon their only between $10-15.00. Its when you shop at places like Ulta they jack the price up.Are expensive saloon shampoos really worth it?
if you make enough money to not have your wallet notice the difference in spending ten bucks versus three on a bottle of shampoo, then go for it. but otherwise, a brand you can buy at a groccery or a drug store would be perfectly fine. especially if your hair is not extra-long or super diffucult to manage.


if you are having good luck with aussie, stick to it for now.


i use garnier fructis- you could also try pantene if you wanna switch it up.
salon shampoos and conditioners are absolutely worth it! the best would be aveda they have shampoos and conditioners to accommodate with almost every hair challenge if its keeping color from fading getting curly or straight hair dry hair/scalp whatever your hair concern is they got a shampoo and conditioner for it =] and did i mention its all natural and not tested on animals?

No comments:

Post a Comment