Monday, December 28, 2009

Re expensive salon shampoos and conditioners any better for your hair than grocery store brands?

My sister is a beautician and she swears that all are about the same. Suave is putting out new products that are similar to the really expensive and I've tried them. I like a few but the amplifying one tend to dry out my hair but so do the name brand ones. I just experiment with travel size bottles until I find one that I like, that way I'm not out a big expense on the big ones. Good LuckRe expensive salon shampoos and conditioners any better for your hair than grocery store brands?
I use Kredo Klux fat hair shampoo. Works great. You can only buy it here in Russia, though. I also have a Brilliant Brunette cream by John Frieda. Makes a big difference. Report Abuse
Re expensive salon shampoos and conditioners any better for your hair than grocery store brands?
I meant Kredo Lux. Report Abuse

nope.. i work at walgreens.. their are minor differeces between the diff shampoos.. and if u can... go generic... because 95% of the time.. they are the exact same thing.. cept much cheaper!
It depends really on each individual product. Some salon products I have bought were no better than grocery store brands. But some of them were definitely better. It also depends on your hair. If you have normal hair, I think most any shampoo and conditioners will be fine. But if you have coarse, dry, or color treated hair, I would stick with salon brands.
Most of them are pretty much the same. I have been told by a lot of cosmetologists to never ever use pantene tho. They say it almost like using dish soap and it actually hurts your hair more than helping it.
it depends of how cheap of stuff you buy from the grocery, salon shampoos are better than alot, but there are some you can buy at the store that are about the same
If you have normal hair most brands are ok - if you got dry damaged tinted or coloured hair it is better to use a more advanced product
You should check the ingredients on the shampoos and conditioners. I don't think there is a difference.
No, waste of money if you ask me.
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I have had store brands that work great on my hair and salon products that were terrible. The trick is finding something you like. I have had success getting advice from a salon stylist on what to use on my hair (think and wavy). Good luck!
  • mr messed up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment