Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can you recommend a good shampoo & conditioner that's not too expensive?

I don't have to necessarily get it at a salon, a regular store is fine.


Hair Type: I have thick, long, wavy/ slightly frizzy at times hair that I'm constantly trying to get to look smoother and straighter.





I used to use Thermasilk but it git discontinued, then I started using the Joico Kpax daily stuff which is like $40 per bottle and my hair started looking like shite. I had better luck with the $6 Thermasilk.Can you recommend a good shampoo %26amp; conditioner that's not too expensive?
My person favorite is SunSilk. I love that stuff. It's not expensive at all. You can find it at WalMart or at most drug stores. Just by the kind that fits your hair type/hair problem. Also, if you go to the SunSilk website, they give out free samples.


Good Luck!!Can you recommend a good shampoo %26amp; conditioner that's not too expensive?
they didnt discontinue thermasilk...i just bought a new bottle of the shampoo and conditioner like a week ago. but the Aussie products and Tresemme work great for me.
Switch shampoos. Use Herbal essences. Use one to moisturize, and one to get frizz control. Their pretty cheap, and switching will help you use them longer, and it'll be better for your hair to get all the essentials it needs. Good luck! =]
I use the new Herbal Essences...(the ones that have it for all different reasons like curly, colored, frizzy, dry, or they have regular like hello hydration or something. I think they still carry the orginal Herbal Essences too.





I also like Pantene for curly hair.





http://www.herbalessences.com/us/





I haven't tried this, but one of my friends said she really like sunsilk.
http://hocks.com/hocks_com_on_line_pharm…





http://www.yvesrocherusa.com/control/pro…





I would try that shampoo and conditioner from Yves Rocher USA. It's a French company, and they make really good products. Their shampoo is $6 a bottle, and they usually sell it half price. Other than that, you might want to try SunSilk shampoo. It's new to America, but it has been around for years in Asia. It's good stuff. You can find that in stores.
The problem with most non-salon products is that the pH is often too acidic. Your skin's pH ranges from 4.5-5.5 , with water being neutral at 7. Salon products are in the correct pH range to maintain healthy hair and skin, but as one other said K Pak is primarily protein. It's designed to be used 1-2 times per week strictly as a reconstructor. Joico's Silk Results are great for your hair type As is Redken's Smooth Down and All Soft.





The closest thing at the store is Dove's Therapy shampoo, conditioner, and treatment . It's pH is approximately a 6 and will not cause damage to your hair like many of the more acidic products will.





Take Care :)
Garnier Fructis sleek and shine its perfect for your hair!!! Also its not expensive.
Bed Head makes a Shampoo/Conditioner called Dumb Blonde. It's a stupid name, but it works extremely well. If you watch for a sale at MasterCuts or Regis, you can get the set for around $25 or L50.
I think that the best shampoo and conditioner for long thick wavy hair would be Infusium 23. My sister has the same type of hair so i know for sure.
I love Mane %26amp; Tail. I use it on me and my horses. It makes your hair shiny and silky. I absolutely love it! And it comes in big bottles so it's a good deal. I would recommend this to anyone!!
Here are a few:


Herbal Essences


Garnier


Revlon


Pantene





The best tip is to just get out there and buy a few small sample bottles (it's true you need to BUY the SAMPLE bottles: check out Wal-mart) and just experiment and find out which works best for you!
pantene smooth %26amp; sleek


It works really good, and smells great
Head %26amp; Shoulder is a really good!!


idk 4 the conditioner cause I don't use any!!


Good luck!!
I have the same kind of hair as you. I use Bed Head Moisture Maniac Shampoo and Matrix Amplify Conditioner and then I use Treseme Big Boost Root Lift Spray and Herbal Essences Leave In Conditioner. When I am done styling I use Bed Head Shine Junkie spray and Treseme Hairspray. My hair has never looked better. I also like Redken products. I have heard good things about Sunsilk products but never tried them.
I have the same kind of hair as you and i use sunsilk that one for anti poof because my hair is really poofy and it works like a charm..if your hair is more the frizzy side then you could but the anti frizz and they even sell the cream for if you iron your hair or blowdry it to protect it from the heat. its pretty cheap and you can find it at almost any store.
herbal essences is really good
don't use the joico k-pak for too long..it actually contains protein..lots of them..it'll actually make ur hair feels hard..and when u use it for some time,u'll notice ur hair starts to break..try the joico silk result..i'm a stylist..i usually ask my clients to get one of the silk results..try it..u'll love it..
-Treseme


-Sunsilk


-Garnier Fructis(sleek%26amp;shine)


these all work pretty well and u can get em at walmart
i still use thermasilk since my mom bought like 12 bottles of conditioner at once like 3 years ago. i'm thinking bed head stuff should be good, but i wouldn't really know, i'm the type that goes out without having to even brush my hair. haha. i really like vo5 shampoo though. it's so cheap and pretty good.
Try Herbal Essences,Head and Shoulder,or Pantene Pro-V.
I am a huge fan of ORGANIX. I like to use the coconut milk shampoo and conditioner. You can find it at a Target or Jewel and I'm sure other stores too. It smells great and it makes my hair super soft. Ever since I started to use it, my hair has been so much healthier; I even noticed that it has been growing faster. It isn't that expensive too!





Oh, and I like to use the anti-breakage serum and the split ends mender also--they also work great!





(it has no sulfate, so it won't dry your hair out)





Check out the link below!

No comments:

Post a Comment